Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today, I am exhausted. I am finished packing my suitcase and bought last minute items for the beach. This evening, we went to the Tombola at the school which was basically a little carnival with a raffle. All the parents donated something to the raffle and then for 10 euros you could buy a pack of tickets. Some of the tickets had numbers on them indicating the prize and others didnt. Apparently only one in ten tickets had a prize and I think that was about how many came in a pack. Eloisa was lucky and one three prizesª They were pretty funny though...a wallet set, a plastic watch, and a hat with colored pencils. I saw one little boy carrying around a gold purse haha. I have noticed at the park a lot lately that families will come dressed with their kids in the EXACT same outfit head to toe. Even if there are three or more of themª I wondered what that was all about and Maria said it is actually a status symbol. If they can buy three of the same item for all their kids it demonstrates that they wont be handing down their clothes, etc. Well I could see how wealthy the kids at the school are at the Tombola..typically when I go to pick up Eloisa at school everyone is in uniform but today there were COUNTLESS families all dressed identically. It is so bizarre to me. Why would you buy three pairs of bright blue shoes to go with that outfit for all three of your kids+ It seems like it kind of limits their personality, and I would feel like I was wasting my money buying three of the exact same thing in different sizes. Ah well.

TOMORROW around 7am we leave for the beach for 10 days. I will blog all about it when I get backª

No comments:

Post a Comment