Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Another postª

I never knew there were palm trees in Madrid, but I saw some downtown the other day. I am sure I will be seeing a TON more when we leave for the beach at Cadiz. We are leaving this Thursday and coming back the following Saturday June 20th. I am so excited to lay out and get somewhat of a tan. The city pools are pretty far away so I have yet to do any of that. I am also looking at planning a trip or two with the friend I made on the airplane ride to Madrid. She is in Barcelona, but we are looking at our options. Its SUPER cheap to fly from Madrid to Paris so that could be fun.

On Sunday, the family and I went to the Palacio Real again. I got a better look at the courtyard and I was so amazed with the view they had overlooking a beautiful park at the top of the hill. I was just imagining what it was probably like for those who actually lived there. Its so interesting to me. Today, I went to El Monasterio de Los Descansos Reales, where there are still nuns living. It was very old and historic. I didnt get there in time for the English guide but I was fine listening to Spanish for an hour. I am getting so much better at understanding. It was funny because there were a few other U.S. families there and their sons were translating everything the guide said for them. I am guessing they didnt show up in time before the English tour closed.

Oh, and today I got hit VERY hard in the face by a ball at the park. Yay...ready for the beachª

No comments:

Post a Comment