Friday, June 26, 2009

This week, I met some friends for paella after work and then met up with a friend who was visiting Madrid that I went to school with. Wednesday was the big day, however, because the United States beat Spain in the Copa Confederaciones soccer game. That means we are moving on to the finals which is on Sunday. I can´t wait to watch it and be able to cheer for America! Of course, I was rooting for America the first time around but the bar we watched the game at was full of intense Spanish guys so we didn´t want to be too vocal. One of my friends who works at the Embassy and I are planning a trip to the beach in Valencia, Spain over 4th of July weekend with two girls from France. We went over to one of the girls´apartments last night to plan and cook dinner - we had pizza, cookies, and chips ha I felt like I was at home. I also found out that in France they use salt to clean up red wine stains! A trick to take home.

This weekend, I think we are going to try out some of the bigger Madrid clubs. They are a little pricey, though so it should be interesting! On Saturday, we are also going to make a day trip to Segovia and wander around the city. There is a gastronomic (food) festival at the Plaza Mayor this weekend so I may try and head that way too. I was absolutely exhausted yesterday from walking so much - I did two walking tours in my guidebook and walked nonstop from about 230 to 530 in uncomfortable shoes. I explored all of Puerta del Sol, Gran Via, Huertas, Chueca, and Malasaña. I just have one more walking tour left. I like doing them because it helps me see everything ïmportant¨in the city in a short period of time and also helps me find my way around a little better. I even got to see the Egyptian temple that is in El Parque del Oeste. Overall, things are picking up over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment