Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Parte Dos

I just had to write a few more things as I can´t quite go to bed yet!

I took the Metro for the first time today (their form of public transportation) and I felt very comfortable with it after taking the El so many times in Chicago. The stations are much bigger though with really long wide hallways that connect the different lines and everything is underground. They are also very clean and many of them have been recently renovated. Each line is designated with a color and number and the signs list every stop made on that route. I have a feeling I will be using it a lot more in the near future as I continue to explore what the city has to offer.

I also met a few students participating in the Syracuse University study abroad program and we went to an Irish (go figure) bar to watch the big futbol game between Barcelona and Manchester. The bar was PACKED. And when I say packed...that is an understatement. Wall to wall people with barely any room to see the screens. It was a great atmosphere though! The audience was mostly Spanish guys but there were people from the UK too. Most Madrileños didn´t want Barcelona to win because that is their rival so the place wasn´t too happy when they won. I have never seen a bar so crazy over a sport before..not even big games back home! It did make me miss the smoking bans back home. Seems like every other person in Europe smokes!

Finally, I haven´t been able to set up Skype yet. My host family informed me that they only have 3 G of downloads each month with the Internet so I am waiting until tomorrow to ask permission. So be patient and soon we can chat :)

Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment