Friday, July 10, 2009

Nothing much new has happened here in Madrid. I have met friends for dinner a few times this week. We found a place called 100 Montaditos that was super cheap (although the food wasn´t incredible). They served 100 different kinds of mini sandwiches of Spanish flavors all for between 1 and 1.50 euros a piece. Three of us shared a sampler platter of 12 montaditos and then we each got a jarro (mug, basically) of beer for only 15 euros! What a steal, seriously.

This week is San Fermines aka the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona. I have watched a little of it on TV, and know a few people making the trip this weekend. I think that would be so fun to go down there! Of course, I wouldn´t run or anything (most of the people who get hurt seem to be tourists) but it would be an experience.

Maria has been working from home most of this week so we have had the chance to eat lunch together and chat as usually I am by myself all day until I pick up Eloisa at 3:30. She went to the library and got me a book called La Tesis de Nancy (the thesis of Nancy). It is well known in Spain, and is a collection of letters written by an American girl about her time living in Spain. It is translated into Spanish so I have been referencing my dictionary quite a bit, but it is a good read. It is over 50 years old, but it is so funny to see how many of the things she noticed I have also noticed as an American living in Spain. Some things never change, I guess!

The other day, a commercial was on for Disneyworld and Eloisa told me that when she learns English she wants to go there. I told her that she has to learn it very well so she can talk to all of the Princesses. She seemed to like that! And yesterday, she informed me that she wants to go to Japan (JapĆ³n in Spanish, which somehow made it even cuter) because that´s where Hello Kitty lives. I said she would have to be a lot older, and she thought 10 years old sounded pretty good. Looks like I have a world traveler on my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment